Embrapa Labex KoreaThis is the weblog of Labex Korea, an international cooperation program of the Brazilian Agricultural Research Organization, Embrapa. More here.
Partner OrganizationLabex Korea is hosted by the Rural Development Administration.
- Biotecnologia Animal e a Saúde Humana
- Pesticide Study Sparks Backlash
- H7N9 kills 2 more, causing new infections in China
- New Programme to Support Animal Welfare at Slaughter
- Brazilian researchers develop technique for mass breeding of stingless bees
- Meat Products in the European Union 2013-2023
- Agriculture can be an ally to biodiversity conservation
- Computer modeling helps to improve the quality and microbiological safety of food
- Blocking insect digestion to control pests wp.me/pD58e-1FV 6 years ago
- Fairtrade Foundation report damns treatment of smallholder farmers wp.me/pD58e-1Ga 6 years ago
- Transgenic eucalyptus yields 20% more than conventional wp.me/pD58e-1HK 6 years ago
- At least 70% of Earth’s species still unknown wp.me/pD58e-1I9 6 years ago
- Vitamin Enriched Cassava wp.me/pD58e-1Fm 6 years ago
- Do plants 'veto' bad genes? wp.me/pD58e-1FD 6 years ago
- Empowering smallholder farmers to create sustainable change - live discussion wp.me/pD58e-1Gj 6 years ago
- Brazilian soybean biodiesel emits 70% less greenhouse gases than fossil diesel wp.me/pD58e-1HC 6 years ago
- Microalgae oil can turn biofuel wp.me/pD58e-1Hz 6 years ago
- Simple Physics May Limit the Size of Leaves wp.me/pD58e-1Gy 6 years ago
Browse by Categories
Pages in the Weblog
See posts by dates
June 2019 M T W T F S S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- The seven challenges of agribusiness - the journey of the next 10 years
- The New Face of Brazilian Pig Production - Geographical Distribution
- Brazilian Agribusiness at a Glance
- Embrapa Swine and Poultry creates a dedicated space for information and economical analyzes of the Swine and Poultry production chains
- 145,804 hits
Contact UsYour comments and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tag Archives: sustainable
Labex Korea – Achieving both economic growth and better quality of life is human kind’s longstanding aspiration. To that end, we need to tap natural resources in an environmentally sustainable manner and stop polluting environment in the process of consuming the resources. Advanced nations have made a continuous effort and seen a significant progress in maximizing productivity of resources while realizing economic development that minimizes environmental pollution. They have sought ways to curb environmental degradation by inventing relevant technologies and nurturing industries. The Ministry of Environmental and Korean Environmental Industry & Technology Institute prepared a book to introduce Korea’s competitive environmental enterprises and technologies to the world. Click here to access the complete document in a PDF form Labex Korea on Twitter and Facebook
Lead authors Dr Tara Garnett and Professor Charles Godfray, University of Oxford, say this would minimise the pressure on the environment in a world in which land, water, and energy are in short supply, highlighting that the environment is often overexploited and used unsustainably.
The Poultry Site – According to long-time supporter of rare breeds in the UK, Tim Brigstocke of Dr Tim Brigstocke Associates, by 2030, livestock systems in UK agriculture will have differentiated into one of three types. The first of these – accounting for the majority of the volume of animal products – is the high-output type, achieving high levels of technical and environmental efficiency with good welfare and animal health. The other two system types offer good opportunities for native animal breeds; one a low-input, moderate output extensive grazing systems for ruminants and the other based on niche products such as organic products, rare breeds and Protected Designation of Origin (PDO). Continue reading
BBC – To the eye, there was nothing remarkable about the aging Falcon 20 jet as it took off from Ottawa International airport in Canada at the end of October in 2012. But the twin-engined, 10-seater plane was in the process of making aviation history.
After a short flight that saw it climb to 30,000 ft (9,000m) over the capital city, the plane touched back down at the airport to secure its world first.
By Jenny Purt
The Guardia – Do you ever look at where the products you buy come from or ponder over how they were made? Staple commodities such as coffee, tea and sugar all have a human story behind them, one involving hundreds of people across the world, that consumers are largely blinkered to.
World Economic Forum – To feed 9 billion people by 2050, the world will need to adopt new strategies aimed at sustainably increasing agricultural production. Meeting this challenge will require significant increases in investment, innovation and collaboration among all stakeholders.The World Economic Forum’s New Vision for Agriculture serves as a platform to build collaboration among stakeholders to achieve a vision of agriculture as a driver of food security, environmental sustainability and economic opportunity.
In the past three years, governments, business, farmers and civil society organizations have embraced and begun to implement this vision at global, regional and country levels.This report outlines the progress to date of partnerships catalysed by the New Vision for Agriculture, and the key challenges and next steps that must be addressed to realize the full potential of the multistakeholder partnership