Embrapa Labex KoreaThis is the weblog of Labex Korea, an international cooperation program of the Brazilian Agricultural Research Organization, Embrapa. More here.
Partner OrganizationLabex Korea is hosted by the Rural Development Administration.
- Pesticide Study Sparks Backlash
- H7N9 kills 2 more, causing new infections in China
- New Programme to Support Animal Welfare at Slaughter
- Brazilian researchers develop technique for mass breeding of stingless bees
- Meat Products in the European Union 2013-2023
- Agriculture can be an ally to biodiversity conservation
- Computer modeling helps to improve the quality and microbiological safety of food
- The challenges to biofuel expansion
- Blocking insect digestion to control pests wp.me/pD58e-1FV 4 years ago
- Fairtrade Foundation report damns treatment of smallholder farmers wp.me/pD58e-1Ga 4 years ago
- Transgenic eucalyptus yields 20% more than conventional wp.me/pD58e-1HK 4 years ago
- At least 70% of Earth’s species still unknown wp.me/pD58e-1I9 4 years ago
- Vitamin Enriched Cassava wp.me/pD58e-1Fm 4 years ago
- Do plants 'veto' bad genes? wp.me/pD58e-1FD 4 years ago
- Empowering smallholder farmers to create sustainable change - live discussion wp.me/pD58e-1Gj 4 years ago
- Brazilian soybean biodiesel emits 70% less greenhouse gases than fossil diesel wp.me/pD58e-1HC 4 years ago
- Microalgae oil can turn biofuel wp.me/pD58e-1Hz 4 years ago
- Simple Physics May Limit the Size of Leaves wp.me/pD58e-1Gy 4 years ago
Browse by Categories
Pages in the Weblog
See posts by dates
November 2017 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- The seven challenges of agribusiness - the journey of the next 10 years
- Strategies for Swine Manure Management in Brazil
- The New Face of Brazilian Pig Production – General Information
- The importance of biosecurity in poultry farming in the State of Santa Catarina, Brazil
- The New Face of Brazilian Pig Production - Integration System
- 137,914 hits
Contact UsYour comments and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. E-mail us at email@example.com
Tag Archives: Nutrition
The Poultry Site – The FAO ahead of World Food Day announced that the diversity of food and food production methods is the answer to the under nutrition and micronutrient deficiencies affecting the world’s populations, The report shows that the cost of malnutrition, through lost productivity and healthcare, could be as high as five per cent of global income. Other revealing figures are laid out in the group’s World Food Day paper which communicates a simple ethos: Healthy People Depend on Healthy Food Systems. Continue reading
Agência FAPESP – When they are born, calves do not yet have complete control over the rumen, the first of four compartments that form a structure similar to the stomach in ruminants. The development of the organ depends on the ingestion of solid food, which is fermented by bacteria and yields a final product that is absorbed and metabolized by the internal walls of the rumen.
For this reason—and to reduce the cost of maintaining calves on a liquid diet, which decreases the amount of milk available for sale—the diet of calves in the nursing stage is typically supplemented with corn-based concentrate, a food with high energetic value, and protein sources based on soymeal. However, researchers from the Zootechny Department at Universidade de São Paulo’s Luiz de Queiroz Agricultural School (Esalq/USP) in Piracicaba (SP) have sought a superior supplement… >>Continue Reading<<
OLYMPIA, Wash. — With Washington state about to embark on a first-of-its-kind legal market for recreational marijuana, the budding ranks of new cannabis growers face a quandary over what to do with the excess stems, roots and leaves from their plants.
Susannah Gross, who owns a five-acre farm north of Seattle, is part of a group experimenting with a solution that seems to make the most of marijuana’s appetite-enhancing properties – turning weed waste into pig food.
Four pigs whose feed was supplemented with potent plant leavings during the last four months of their lives ended up 20 to 30 pounds heavier than the half-dozen other pigs from the same litter when they were all sent to slaughter in March.
“They were eating more, as you can imagine,” Gross said.
Giving farm animals the munchies is the latest outcome of a ballot measure passed by Washington voters in November making their state one of the first to legalize the recreational use of pot. The other was Colorado. Both were among about 20 states with medical marijuana laws already on their books…>>Continue reading<<
In the run-up to RIO+20, the U.N. Conference on Sustainable Development (UNCSD), CGIAR, the global agricultural research partnership, issued a call to action. In this seven-point plan, CGIAR outlines how agricultural research for development can contribute to a more sustainable, food-secure future.
I interviewed Dr. Frank Rijsberman, the newly appointed CEO of the CGIAR Consortium, to find out how agriculture and the environment are now “best friends.”.. >>Read the complete Interview<<