“Green Economy” is often used to describe the compatibility of economic growth with the environment, one of the blocks for sustainable growth. According to the Green Economy an initiative of the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) launched in 2008, the green economy results in improvement of human welfare and social equality, while reducing environmental risks and ecological scarcity.
Despite being used for more than 20 years, the term of “green economy” is still controversial, as well as its own concept. While for some it is perfectly possible for the more critical it would be an attempt to feasible the consumer society and postpone structural changes.
Embrapa Labex KoreaThis is the weblog of Labex Korea, an international cooperation program of the Brazilian Agricultural Research Organization, Embrapa. More here.
Partner OrganizationLabex Korea is hosted by the Rural Development Administration.
- Pesticide Study Sparks Backlash
- H7N9 kills 2 more, causing new infections in China
- New Programme to Support Animal Welfare at Slaughter
- Brazilian researchers develop technique for mass breeding of stingless bees
- Meat Products in the European Union 2013-2023
- Agriculture can be an ally to biodiversity conservation
- Computer modeling helps to improve the quality and microbiological safety of food
- The challenges to biofuel expansion
- Blocking insect digestion to control pests wp.me/pD58e-1FV 2 years ago
- Fairtrade Foundation report damns treatment of smallholder farmers wp.me/pD58e-1Ga 2 years ago
- Transgenic eucalyptus yields 20% more than conventional wp.me/pD58e-1HK 2 years ago
- At least 70% of Earth’s species still unknown wp.me/pD58e-1I9 2 years ago
- Vitamin Enriched Cassava wp.me/pD58e-1Fm 2 years ago
- Do plants 'veto' bad genes? wp.me/pD58e-1FD 2 years ago
- Empowering smallholder farmers to create sustainable change - live discussion wp.me/pD58e-1Gj 2 years ago
- Brazilian soybean biodiesel emits 70% less greenhouse gases than fossil diesel wp.me/pD58e-1HC 2 years ago
- Microalgae oil can turn biofuel wp.me/pD58e-1Hz 2 years ago
- Simple Physics May Limit the Size of Leaves wp.me/pD58e-1Gy 2 years ago
Browse by Categories
Pages in the Weblog
See posts by dates
August 2015 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- The seven challenges of agribusiness - the journey of the next 10 years
- Agriculture in Korea
- Strategies for Swine Manure Management in Brazil
- The "6th International Symposium on Seed, Transplant and Stand Establishment of Horticultural Crops: Sowing the Future of Tropical Horticulture - SEST2012”
- Taiwan’s largest solar powered pig farm opened
- 123,202 hits
Contact UsYour comments and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. E-mail us at email@example.com