From the Foundation’s earliest days, John D. Rockefeller and his program staff recognized that agricultural productivity is critical to prosperity. Agriculture provides income in poor rural communities and satisfies basic nutritional needs. Done well, agricultural development can also address important issues like environmental degradation, population increase, and the politics of development.
Food & Prosperity delivers a compelling history of The Rockefeller Foundation’s work in the important field of agriculture and addresses many questions that we still face today. It explores successes and failures, offering insights into philanthropy’s role in transferring technical scientific knowledge within the context of various cultures and institutional frameworks.
This book is just one of six that the Foundation is releasing over the course of this year – one focused on the Foundation’s role in shaping modern philanthropy, two on lessons learned from our work in the fields of agriculture and health, and three others exploring the Foundation’s work in Africa, Thailand, and the United States.
Embrapa Labex KoreaThis is the weblog of Labex Korea, an international cooperation program of the Brazilian Agricultural Research Organization, Embrapa. More here.
Partner OrganizationLabex Korea is hosted by the Rural Development Administration.
- Pesticide Study Sparks Backlash
- H7N9 kills 2 more, causing new infections in China
- New Programme to Support Animal Welfare at Slaughter
- Brazilian researchers develop technique for mass breeding of stingless bees
- Meat Products in the European Union 2013-2023
- Agriculture can be an ally to biodiversity conservation
- Computer modeling helps to improve the quality and microbiological safety of food
- The challenges to biofuel expansion
- Blocking insect digestion to control pests wp.me/pD58e-1FV 5 years ago
- Fairtrade Foundation report damns treatment of smallholder farmers wp.me/pD58e-1Ga 5 years ago
- Transgenic eucalyptus yields 20% more than conventional wp.me/pD58e-1HK 5 years ago
- At least 70% of Earth’s species still unknown wp.me/pD58e-1I9 5 years ago
- Vitamin Enriched Cassava wp.me/pD58e-1Fm 5 years ago
- Do plants 'veto' bad genes? wp.me/pD58e-1FD 5 years ago
- Empowering smallholder farmers to create sustainable change - live discussion wp.me/pD58e-1Gj 5 years ago
- Brazilian soybean biodiesel emits 70% less greenhouse gases than fossil diesel wp.me/pD58e-1HC 5 years ago
- Microalgae oil can turn biofuel wp.me/pD58e-1Hz 5 years ago
- Simple Physics May Limit the Size of Leaves wp.me/pD58e-1Gy 5 years ago
Browse by Categories
Pages in the Weblog
See posts by dates
- The seven challenges of agribusiness - the journey of the next 10 years
- Nature Special: "Can Science Feed the World?"
- The importance of biosecurity in poultry farming in the State of Santa Catarina, Brazil
- Sustainable Agriculture in Brazil - Advances and Future Challenges
- Embrapa Swine and Poultry helps format a reference center in biogas
- 141,770 hits
Contact UsYour comments and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. E-mail us at email@example.com