Labex Korea (Embrapa) and the International Technology Cooperation Center (ITCC/RDA) are organizing the III Workshop RDA/Embrapa to be held in Suwon on March 25 – 29. This event is being proposed with the objective to establish strategies for cooperation between both Institutions to toward technological innovations through research, development and technology transfer, which enable to boost the agricultural sector in both countries.
The priority areas were defined based on the prospecting of the demands and opportunities identified in each institution, considering principally the impact in scientific and technological development of the institutions involved and of the productive sectors, by the innovations arising from potential partnerships established in the framework of Workshop.
During the workshop will be discussed the “state of art” in both institutions about the following fields: “Protected production”, “Effect of climate change over crop production”, “Use of biotechnology on animal production” and “Development of inputs for animal feed”. Embrapa will be represented by the following researchers: Dr. Everton Krabbe (Embrapa Swine and Poultry), Dr. Alexandre Caetano (Embrapa Genetic Resources and Biotechnology), Dr. Italo Guedes (Embrapa Vegetables), Dr. Santiago Cuadra (Embrapa Temperate Climate) and Dr. Gilberto Schmidt (Labex Korea).
The workshop principal output, in addition of the experience exchange between researchers, will be the discussion of the possibilities for interaction among institutions, allowing an aggregation of knowledge in ongoing projects at Embrapa and RDA, which will can be firmed through the establishment of technical cooperation projects, with the expectation of to be started at least in beginning of 2014.
At the same period, Labex Korea will be getting a visit from Dr Ladislaus Martin Neto, Executive Director of R & D, representing the Embrapa’s President, Dr. Mauricio Antônio Lopes. The purpose of the visit is to strengthen relations between Embrapa and RDA, which has been developing activities in partnership since 2009, with the inauguration of Labex Korea.
Embrapa Labex KoreaThis is the weblog of Labex Korea, an international cooperation program of the Brazilian Agricultural Research Organization, Embrapa. More here.
Partner OrganizationLabex Korea is hosted by the Rural Development Administration.
- Pesticide Study Sparks Backlash
- H7N9 kills 2 more, causing new infections in China
- New Programme to Support Animal Welfare at Slaughter
- Brazilian researchers develop technique for mass breeding of stingless bees
- Meat Products in the European Union 2013-2023
- Agriculture can be an ally to biodiversity conservation
- Computer modeling helps to improve the quality and microbiological safety of food
- The challenges to biofuel expansion
- Blocking insect digestion to control pests wp.me/pD58e-1FV 4 years ago
- Fairtrade Foundation report damns treatment of smallholder farmers wp.me/pD58e-1Ga 4 years ago
- Transgenic eucalyptus yields 20% more than conventional wp.me/pD58e-1HK 4 years ago
- At least 70% of Earth’s species still unknown wp.me/pD58e-1I9 4 years ago
- Vitamin Enriched Cassava wp.me/pD58e-1Fm 4 years ago
- Do plants 'veto' bad genes? wp.me/pD58e-1FD 4 years ago
- Empowering smallholder farmers to create sustainable change - live discussion wp.me/pD58e-1Gj 4 years ago
- Brazilian soybean biodiesel emits 70% less greenhouse gases than fossil diesel wp.me/pD58e-1HC 4 years ago
- Microalgae oil can turn biofuel wp.me/pD58e-1Hz 4 years ago
- Simple Physics May Limit the Size of Leaves wp.me/pD58e-1Gy 4 years ago
Browse by Categories
Pages in the Weblog
See posts by dates
- 134,746 hits
Contact UsYour comments and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. E-mail us at email@example.com