Biomass and Bioenergy – After studies that resulted in ethanol from corn, sugar beet, cassava and traditionally sugar cane, the second sentence of students of power engineering course at PUC Minas fuel extracted from eucalyptus bark. They believe that this procedure will be adopted on a large scale in the country.
The same idea was also put forward by Julian Bragatto researcher, author of a doctoral thesis developed at the Escola Superior de Agricultura Luiz de Queiroz (Esalq), University of São Paulo (USP), in November 2011. At work, it showed that a ton of sugar cane produces about 80 liters of ethanol, while one ton of fresh bark of eucalyptus 106 produces, or at least 20% more.
Embrapa Labex KoreaThis is the weblog of Labex Korea, an international cooperation program of the Brazilian Agricultural Research Organization, Embrapa. More here.
Partner OrganizationLabex Korea is hosted by the Rural Development Administration.
- Biotecnologia Animal e a Saúde Humana
- Pesticide Study Sparks Backlash
- H7N9 kills 2 more, causing new infections in China
- New Programme to Support Animal Welfare at Slaughter
- Brazilian researchers develop technique for mass breeding of stingless bees
- Meat Products in the European Union 2013-2023
- Agriculture can be an ally to biodiversity conservation
- Computer modeling helps to improve the quality and microbiological safety of food
- Blocking insect digestion to control pests wp.me/pD58e-1FV 6 years ago
- Fairtrade Foundation report damns treatment of smallholder farmers wp.me/pD58e-1Ga 6 years ago
- Transgenic eucalyptus yields 20% more than conventional wp.me/pD58e-1HK 6 years ago
- At least 70% of Earth’s species still unknown wp.me/pD58e-1I9 6 years ago
- Vitamin Enriched Cassava wp.me/pD58e-1Fm 6 years ago
- Do plants 'veto' bad genes? wp.me/pD58e-1FD 6 years ago
- Empowering smallholder farmers to create sustainable change - live discussion wp.me/pD58e-1Gj 6 years ago
- Brazilian soybean biodiesel emits 70% less greenhouse gases than fossil diesel wp.me/pD58e-1HC 6 years ago
- Microalgae oil can turn biofuel wp.me/pD58e-1Hz 6 years ago
- Simple Physics May Limit the Size of Leaves wp.me/pD58e-1Gy 6 years ago
Browse by Categories
Pages in the Weblog
See posts by dates
- 145,526 hits
Contact UsYour comments and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. E-mail us at email@example.com