Access to sufficient, safe, and nutritious food is the right of everyone. Korea has always strived for a world free from hunger and poverty, and will participate actively in the global efforts to achieve food security.
As part of this effort, Korea is willing to share its experience in agricultural development with developing countries. One such program is the Korean Green Revolution that aims to help people escape from prolonged hunger and poverty in a short period of time.
Development of infrastructure, agricultural technology, and institutional establishment are major factors to achieve food security in developing countries. However, agricultural technology is critical to agricultural development.
In accordance with the Rome Principle, the Korean agricultural technology transfer to developing countries will support country-led agricultural technology development programmes.
On this basis, the technology development cooperation is focused on improving the national agricultural research and extension system, including capacity building of human resources to develop agricultural technology.
Supporting the Kevin Kelly’s opinion that technology evolves on an accumulated technological basis, we shall focus on the development of appropriate technologies or practices adaptable to the current development level of each country.
On the basis of the assumption that government intention and social agreement are critical to technology development, our cooperation will focus on the institutional capacity building for agricultural technology development and dissemination.
Partnership between domestic, regional, and international stakeholders will be emphasized. We will work together with technology development agencies such as international research institutions, educational institutions, and other international food and agriculture-based institutions. At the partner country level, national research institutions and educational institution will be our major counterparts. For the Korean government, RDA will cooperate with the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fishery,
the Ministry of Planning and Finance, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and the Korea International Cooperation Agency.
RDA will utilize its resources to transfer appropriate agricultural technologies, and practices on food security; research and extension system, and experts’ pool. On this basis, RDA will implement two programs: the KOPIA (Korea Project on International Agriculture) and the multilateral cooperation initiatives composed of the AFACI (Asia Food and Agriculture Cooperation Initiative) and KAFACI (Korea- Africa Food and Agriculture Cooperation Initiative), As Korean Green Revolution was evaluated as a successful case of technology transfer from the international society, we also hope to contribute in creating a successful agricultural development case in cooperation with the international society.
Embrapa Labex KoreaThis is the weblog of Labex Korea, an international cooperation program of the Brazilian Agricultural Research Organization, Embrapa. More here.
Partner OrganizationLabex Korea is hosted by the Rural Development Administration.
- Pesticide Study Sparks Backlash
- H7N9 kills 2 more, causing new infections in China
- New Programme to Support Animal Welfare at Slaughter
- Brazilian researchers develop technique for mass breeding of stingless bees
- Meat Products in the European Union 2013-2023
- Agriculture can be an ally to biodiversity conservation
- Computer modeling helps to improve the quality and microbiological safety of food
- The challenges to biofuel expansion
- Blocking insect digestion to control pests wp.me/pD58e-1FV 3 years ago
- Fairtrade Foundation report damns treatment of smallholder farmers wp.me/pD58e-1Ga 3 years ago
- Transgenic eucalyptus yields 20% more than conventional wp.me/pD58e-1HK 3 years ago
- At least 70% of Earth’s species still unknown wp.me/pD58e-1I9 3 years ago
- Vitamin Enriched Cassava wp.me/pD58e-1Fm 3 years ago
- Do plants 'veto' bad genes? wp.me/pD58e-1FD 3 years ago
- Empowering smallholder farmers to create sustainable change - live discussion wp.me/pD58e-1Gj 3 years ago
- Brazilian soybean biodiesel emits 70% less greenhouse gases than fossil diesel wp.me/pD58e-1HC 3 years ago
- Microalgae oil can turn biofuel wp.me/pD58e-1Hz 3 years ago
- Simple Physics May Limit the Size of Leaves wp.me/pD58e-1Gy 3 years ago
Browse by Categories
Pages in the Weblog
See posts by dates
- 132,285 hits
Contact UsYour comments and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org