Awareness of environmental conservation, food safety, and responsible aquaculture production has been the key factors to changes in the development of the world aquaculture and seafood communities. Aquaculture plays an important role in supplying fish for the increasing population and has become one of the main sources of animal proteins. The catches from the sea were not able to increase due to the reduced quotas across open seas, limited fishing periods and areas, and increased license fees. To meet this trend, the aquaculture industry has to prepare to enter an era of restructuring and increasing concern for sustainability. Recent developments in responsible and eco-friendly aquaculture production practices to enhance aquaculture food safety and traceability in Taiwan are described in this paper.
Embrapa Labex KoreaThis is the weblog of Labex Korea, an international cooperation program of the Brazilian Agricultural Research Organization, Embrapa. More here.
Partner OrganizationLabex Korea is hosted by the Rural Development Administration.
- Pesticide Study Sparks Backlash
- H7N9 kills 2 more, causing new infections in China
- New Programme to Support Animal Welfare at Slaughter
- Brazilian researchers develop technique for mass breeding of stingless bees
- Meat Products in the European Union 2013-2023
- Agriculture can be an ally to biodiversity conservation
- Computer modeling helps to improve the quality and microbiological safety of food
- The challenges to biofuel expansion
- Blocking insect digestion to control pests wp.me/pD58e-1FV 4 years ago
- Fairtrade Foundation report damns treatment of smallholder farmers wp.me/pD58e-1Ga 4 years ago
- Transgenic eucalyptus yields 20% more than conventional wp.me/pD58e-1HK 4 years ago
- At least 70% of Earth’s species still unknown wp.me/pD58e-1I9 4 years ago
- Vitamin Enriched Cassava wp.me/pD58e-1Fm 4 years ago
- Do plants 'veto' bad genes? wp.me/pD58e-1FD 4 years ago
- Empowering smallholder farmers to create sustainable change - live discussion wp.me/pD58e-1Gj 4 years ago
- Brazilian soybean biodiesel emits 70% less greenhouse gases than fossil diesel wp.me/pD58e-1HC 4 years ago
- Microalgae oil can turn biofuel wp.me/pD58e-1Hz 4 years ago
- Simple Physics May Limit the Size of Leaves wp.me/pD58e-1Gy 4 years ago
Browse by Categories
Pages in the Weblog
See posts by dates
- Strategies for Swine Manure Management in Brazil
- The importance of biosecurity in poultry farming in the State of Santa Catarina, Brazil
- The increasing internationalization of science offers many benefits, but also has limitations.
- A Cost-Benefit Analysis of Biogas Plant
- Biodiesel production in Brazil reached 2.7 billion liters
- 137,353 hits
Contact UsYour comments and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org