By Maria Guimaraes
FAPESP – The education of future talent is a topic that had to be included in an event christened Chemistry: our life, our future, as is the case of this International Year that has been decreed by UNESCO. In keeping with the importance of the theme, a heavyweight trio was behind the event: Carlos Henrique de Brito Cruz, FAPESP’s scientific director and a professor at the Gleb Wataghin Physics Institute of the State University of Campinas, César Zucco, Chairman of the Brazilian Chemistry Society and a professor at the Department of Chemistry of the Federal University of the State of Santa Catarina and Ronaldo Mota, Secretary of Technological Development and Innovation for the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation, and a professor at the Federal University of Santa Maria, in the State of Rio Grande do Sul.
Embrapa Labex KoreaThis is the weblog of Labex Korea, an international cooperation program of the Brazilian Agricultural Research Organization, Embrapa. More here.
Partner OrganizationLabex Korea is hosted by the Rural Development Administration.
- Pesticide Study Sparks Backlash
- H7N9 kills 2 more, causing new infections in China
- New Programme to Support Animal Welfare at Slaughter
- Brazilian researchers develop technique for mass breeding of stingless bees
- Meat Products in the European Union 2013-2023
- Agriculture can be an ally to biodiversity conservation
- Computer modeling helps to improve the quality and microbiological safety of food
- The challenges to biofuel expansion
- Blocking insect digestion to control pests wp.me/pD58e-1FV 4 years ago
- Fairtrade Foundation report damns treatment of smallholder farmers wp.me/pD58e-1Ga 4 years ago
- Transgenic eucalyptus yields 20% more than conventional wp.me/pD58e-1HK 4 years ago
- At least 70% of Earth’s species still unknown wp.me/pD58e-1I9 4 years ago
- Vitamin Enriched Cassava wp.me/pD58e-1Fm 4 years ago
- Do plants 'veto' bad genes? wp.me/pD58e-1FD 4 years ago
- Empowering smallholder farmers to create sustainable change - live discussion wp.me/pD58e-1Gj 4 years ago
- Brazilian soybean biodiesel emits 70% less greenhouse gases than fossil diesel wp.me/pD58e-1HC 4 years ago
- Microalgae oil can turn biofuel wp.me/pD58e-1Hz 4 years ago
- Simple Physics May Limit the Size of Leaves wp.me/pD58e-1Gy 4 years ago
Browse by Categories
Pages in the Weblog
See posts by dates
- The seven challenges of agribusiness - the journey of the next 10 years
- Fuel from Chicken Feathers?
- The 2nd State of the World’s Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture Report
- Scientists explore connections between astronomy and biology
- World Egg Production Sets a Record Despite Slower Growth
- 133,618 hits
Contact UsYour comments and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org