CHINADAILY – The objective of this article is to share with China Daily readers some important changes in the macro-environmental variables that are affecting and may affect companies operating in food and agribusiness. I will use the traditional PEST analysis to summarize the major thoughts. Just remembering, the PEST (or STEP) analysis is a traditional tool to understand macro-environmental changes. The “P” represents the political-legal environment (institutional environment). “E” is the economic and natural environments. “S” is for the sociocultural environment and finally, “T” is for the technological environment. These four environments help to organize the variables and are a first and very important “step” in strategic planning processes.
Embrapa Labex KoreaThis is the weblog of Labex Korea, an international cooperation program of the Brazilian Agricultural Research Organization, Embrapa. More here.
Partner OrganizationLabex Korea is hosted by the Rural Development Administration.
- Urban Agriculture – Dream, Reality or Fashion?
- Biotecnologia Animal e a Saúde Humana
- Pesticide Study Sparks Backlash
- H7N9 kills 2 more, causing new infections in China
- New Programme to Support Animal Welfare at Slaughter
- Brazilian researchers develop technique for mass breeding of stingless bees
- Meat Products in the European Union 2013-2023
- Agriculture can be an ally to biodiversity conservation
- Blocking insect digestion to control pests wp.me/pD58e-1FV 7 years ago
- Fairtrade Foundation report damns treatment of smallholder farmers wp.me/pD58e-1Ga 7 years ago
- Transgenic eucalyptus yields 20% more than conventional wp.me/pD58e-1HK 7 years ago
- At least 70% of Earth’s species still unknown wp.me/pD58e-1I9 7 years ago
- Vitamin Enriched Cassava wp.me/pD58e-1Fm 7 years ago
- Do plants 'veto' bad genes? wp.me/pD58e-1FD 7 years ago
- Empowering smallholder farmers to create sustainable change - live discussion wp.me/pD58e-1Gj 7 years ago
- Brazilian soybean biodiesel emits 70% less greenhouse gases than fossil diesel wp.me/pD58e-1HC 7 years ago
- Microalgae oil can turn biofuel wp.me/pD58e-1Hz 7 years ago
- Simple Physics May Limit the Size of Leaves wp.me/pD58e-1Gy 7 years ago
Browse by Categories
Pages in the Weblog
See posts by dates
- The seven challenges of agribusiness - the journey of the next 10 years
- The importance of biosecurity in poultry farming in the State of Santa Catarina, Brazil
- Genetic Resources Management at the Brazilian Agricultural Research Organization
- Agriculture in the Philippines
- The New Face of Brazilian Pig Production - Geographical Distribution
- 152,714 hits
Contact UsYour comments and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. E-mail us at email@example.com