Labex Korea – The research group headed by Ralf Röhlsberger on Deutsches Elektronen-Synchroton (DEYS), in Hamburg, Germany, showed that the atomic nucleus can be made transparent. The novelty is considered very important for quantum computers development, which could replace currents with processing speed unattainable with nowadays.
“The result of the transparency in the atomic nucleus is, in summary the effect of the electromagnetically induced transparency on the nucleus. Certainly there is still a long way to go until the first light quantum computer becomes reality. However, with this effect we were able to make a entirely new class of experiments of quantum optics for high sensitivity, “said Röhlsberger.
Embrapa Labex KoreaThis is the weblog of Labex Korea, an international cooperation program of the Brazilian Agricultural Research Organization, Embrapa. More here.
Partner OrganizationLabex Korea is hosted by the Rural Development Administration.
- Pesticide Study Sparks Backlash
- H7N9 kills 2 more, causing new infections in China
- New Programme to Support Animal Welfare at Slaughter
- Brazilian researchers develop technique for mass breeding of stingless bees
- Meat Products in the European Union 2013-2023
- Agriculture can be an ally to biodiversity conservation
- Computer modeling helps to improve the quality and microbiological safety of food
- The challenges to biofuel expansion
- Blocking insect digestion to control pests wp.me/pD58e-1FV 6 years ago
- Fairtrade Foundation report damns treatment of smallholder farmers wp.me/pD58e-1Ga 6 years ago
- Transgenic eucalyptus yields 20% more than conventional wp.me/pD58e-1HK 6 years ago
- At least 70% of Earth’s species still unknown wp.me/pD58e-1I9 6 years ago
- Vitamin Enriched Cassava wp.me/pD58e-1Fm 6 years ago
- Do plants 'veto' bad genes? wp.me/pD58e-1FD 6 years ago
- Empowering smallholder farmers to create sustainable change - live discussion wp.me/pD58e-1Gj 6 years ago
- Brazilian soybean biodiesel emits 70% less greenhouse gases than fossil diesel wp.me/pD58e-1HC 6 years ago
- Microalgae oil can turn biofuel wp.me/pD58e-1Hz 6 years ago
- Simple Physics May Limit the Size of Leaves wp.me/pD58e-1Gy 6 years ago
Browse by Categories
Pages in the Weblog
See posts by dates
- 145,013 hits
Contact UsYour comments and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org