Embrapa will have an extension of program Labex Europe (Laboratory Virtual Abroad Embrapa) in Germany, on Forschungszntrum Jülich, one of the most important research institutions of that country, linked the area of German education
The cooperation agreement between Embrapa and Forschungszntrum Jülich was signed on January 20th in Berlin, and includes the technical collaboration between Brazilian and German scientists.
The research will be focused on plant-environment interactions and their use in breeding programs (phenotyping). This line of knowledge can be applied in cultivar adaptation to climate changes and the sustainable use of natural resources. The results can be used to project integrated production systems and sustainable to the bio-economy for the food / feed and bioenergy.
The signature of the engagement between Embrapa and Forschungszntrum Jülich counted with the presence the Germany Agriculture Minister, Ilse Aigner, of the Minister of Agriculture of Brazil, Mendes Ribeiro Filho, and the representative of the Ministry of Education and Research of Germany, Henk Van Liempt.
Embrapa Labex KoreaThis is the weblog of Labex Korea, an international cooperation program of the Brazilian Agricultural Research Organization, Embrapa. More here.
Partner OrganizationLabex Korea is hosted by the Rural Development Administration.
- Pesticide Study Sparks Backlash
- H7N9 kills 2 more, causing new infections in China
- New Programme to Support Animal Welfare at Slaughter
- Brazilian researchers develop technique for mass breeding of stingless bees
- Meat Products in the European Union 2013-2023
- Agriculture can be an ally to biodiversity conservation
- Computer modeling helps to improve the quality and microbiological safety of food
- The challenges to biofuel expansion
- Blocking insect digestion to control pests wp.me/pD58e-1FV 3 years ago
- Fairtrade Foundation report damns treatment of smallholder farmers wp.me/pD58e-1Ga 3 years ago
- Transgenic eucalyptus yields 20% more than conventional wp.me/pD58e-1HK 3 years ago
- At least 70% of Earth’s species still unknown wp.me/pD58e-1I9 3 years ago
- Vitamin Enriched Cassava wp.me/pD58e-1Fm 3 years ago
- Do plants 'veto' bad genes? wp.me/pD58e-1FD 3 years ago
- Empowering smallholder farmers to create sustainable change - live discussion wp.me/pD58e-1Gj 3 years ago
- Brazilian soybean biodiesel emits 70% less greenhouse gases than fossil diesel wp.me/pD58e-1HC 3 years ago
- Microalgae oil can turn biofuel wp.me/pD58e-1Hz 3 years ago
- Simple Physics May Limit the Size of Leaves wp.me/pD58e-1Gy 3 years ago
Browse by Categories
Pages in the Weblog
See posts by dates
- 132,285 hits
Contact UsYour comments and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. E-mail us at email@example.com