The Brazilian Society of Agricultural and Agroindustrial Waste Management – Sbera is organizing an international symposium in Brazil, for discussion of relevant scientific topics related to wastes from agricultural, livestock and agroindustrial activities.
The II International Symposium on Agricultural and Agroindustrial Waste Management – SIGERA will be held in Iguassu Falls, Parana State, Brazil, from the 13th to the 15th March, 2011. This II SIGERA will consider the reality of agricultural production in connection with environmental themes and issues, thus contributing to discussion of creative ways to promote sustainability of the Brazilian and the world agriculture.
During the Symposium the most relevant scientific topics related to wastes from agricultural, livestock and agroindustrial activities will be presented and discussed . With this meeting the Brazilian Society of Agricultural and Agroindustrial Waste Management – Sbera renews its pioneering efforts towards promotion of a systemic view of agricultural production and the environment.
The main scientific topics to be covered during the II SIGERA will be:
- Sustainable use of organic wastes in agricultural soils;
- Pesticide residues in the environmental;
- Impacts of wastes on surface and groundwater.
- Treatment systems;
- Animal wastes as fertilizers;
- Energy generation from wastes;
- Gaseous emissions in livestock.
- Agroindustry waste management;
- Waste disposal and treatment systems;
- Energy generation;
- Agroindustry waste recovery.
Click here to learn more about the II SIGERA.