“Green Economy” is often used to describe the compatibility of economic growth with the environment, one of the blocks for sustainable growth. According to the Green Economy an initiative of the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) launched in 2008, the green economy results in improvement of human welfare and social equality, while reducing environmental risks and ecological scarcity.
Despite being used for more than 20 years, the term of “green economy” is still controversial, as well as its own concept. While for some it is perfectly possible for the more critical it would be an attempt to feasible the consumer society and postpone structural changes.
Embrapa Labex KoreaThis is the weblog of Labex Korea, an international cooperation program of the Brazilian Agricultural Research Organization, Embrapa. More here.
Partner OrganizationLabex Korea is hosted by the Rural Development Administration.
- Time to Back Family Farms
- Meteorological Effects on Seasonal Infertility in Pigs
- Technical Cooperation Project – Genome Analyses and Genomic Selection for the Production Traits in Cattle
- Technical Cooperation Project – Development of technique for utilization of microbes to improve productivity of the chicken
- Microalgal biofuels: Flexible bioenergies for sustainable development
- Technical Cooperation Project – Adaptation and development of structure optimization and energy-saving climate control techniques for greenhouse vegetable production
- The success of sugarcane is the fruit of pioneering science and technology, study concludes
- Contentious Transgenic Maize Paper Retracted
- Blocking insect digestion to control pests wp.me/pD58e-1FV 8 months ago
- Fairtrade Foundation report damns treatment of smallholder farmers wp.me/pD58e-1Ga 8 months ago
- Transgenic eucalyptus yields 20% more than conventional wp.me/pD58e-1HK 8 months ago
- At least 70% of Earth’s species still unknown wp.me/pD58e-1I9 8 months ago
- Vitamin Enriched Cassava wp.me/pD58e-1Fm 8 months ago
- Do plants 'veto' bad genes? wp.me/pD58e-1FD 8 months ago
- Empowering smallholder farmers to create sustainable change - live discussion wp.me/pD58e-1Gj 8 months ago
- Brazilian soybean biodiesel emits 70% less greenhouse gases than fossil diesel wp.me/pD58e-1HC 9 months ago
- Microalgae oil can turn biofuel wp.me/pD58e-1Hz 9 months ago
- Simple Physics May Limit the Size of Leaves wp.me/pD58e-1Gy 9 months ago
Browse by Categories
Pages in the Weblog
See posts by dates
- 105,527 hits
Contact UsYour comments and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org