“Green Economy” is often used to describe the compatibility of economic growth with the environment, one of the blocks for sustainable growth. According to the Green Economy an initiative of the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) launched in 2008, the green economy results in improvement of human welfare and social equality, while reducing environmental risks and ecological scarcity.
Despite being used for more than 20 years, the term of “green economy” is still controversial, as well as its own concept. While for some it is perfectly possible for the more critical it would be an attempt to feasible the consumer society and postpone structural changes.
Embrapa Labex KoreaThis is the weblog of Labex Korea, an international cooperation program of the Brazilian Agricultural Research Organization, Embrapa. More here.
Partner OrganizationLabex Korea is hosted by the Rural Development Administration.
- Blocking insect digestion to control pests wp.me/pD58e-1FV 1 year ago
- Fairtrade Foundation report damns treatment of smallholder farmers wp.me/pD58e-1Ga 1 year ago
- Transgenic eucalyptus yields 20% more than conventional wp.me/pD58e-1HK 1 year ago
- At least 70% of Earth’s species still unknown wp.me/pD58e-1I9 1 year ago
- Vitamin Enriched Cassava wp.me/pD58e-1Fm 1 year ago
- Do plants 'veto' bad genes? wp.me/pD58e-1FD 1 year ago
- Empowering smallholder farmers to create sustainable change - live discussion wp.me/pD58e-1Gj 1 year ago
- Brazilian soybean biodiesel emits 70% less greenhouse gases than fossil diesel wp.me/pD58e-1HC 1 year ago
- Microalgae oil can turn biofuel wp.me/pD58e-1Hz 1 year ago
- Simple Physics May Limit the Size of Leaves wp.me/pD58e-1Gy 1 year ago
Browse by Categories
Pages in the Weblog
See posts by dates
August 2014 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- The seven challenges of agribusiness - the journey of the next 10 years
- Embrapa Inaugurates a New Unit Dedicated to Strategic Studies and Training
- Brazilian agriculture: The miracle of the cerrado
- The New Face of Brazilian Pig Production - Integration System
- Embrapa - Current and Future Challenges in Bioenergy Development and Use in Brazil
- 114,389 hits
Contact UsYour comments and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. E-mail us at email@example.com