RIO DE JANEIRO - Despite shrinking budgets for official development assistance, Japan has started a new form of foreign aid that includes teaming up with a country it once helped, which it dubs “triangular cooperation.”
Japan once helped Brazil grow into a major agricultural power. It now is drawing on that heritage in linking up with the South American nation to assist Mozambique, one of the poorest countries in the world.
Development aid is a major subject of the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development, or Rio+20, being held here through June 22.
Embrapa Labex KoreaThis is the weblog of Labex Korea, an international cooperation program of the Brazilian Agricultural Research Organization, Embrapa. More here.
Partner OrganizationLabex Korea is hosted by the Rural Development Administration.
- Pesticide Study Sparks Backlash
- H7N9 kills 2 more, causing new infections in China
- New Programme to Support Animal Welfare at Slaughter
- Brazilian researchers develop technique for mass breeding of stingless bees
- Meat Products in the European Union 2013-2023
- Agriculture can be an ally to biodiversity conservation
- Computer modeling helps to improve the quality and microbiological safety of food
- The challenges to biofuel expansion
- Blocking insect digestion to control pests wp.me/pD58e-1FV 1 year ago
- Fairtrade Foundation report damns treatment of smallholder farmers wp.me/pD58e-1Ga 1 year ago
- Transgenic eucalyptus yields 20% more than conventional wp.me/pD58e-1HK 1 year ago
- At least 70% of Earth’s species still unknown wp.me/pD58e-1I9 1 year ago
- Vitamin Enriched Cassava wp.me/pD58e-1Fm 1 year ago
- Do plants 'veto' bad genes? wp.me/pD58e-1FD 1 year ago
- Empowering smallholder farmers to create sustainable change - live discussion wp.me/pD58e-1Gj 1 year ago
- Brazilian soybean biodiesel emits 70% less greenhouse gases than fossil diesel wp.me/pD58e-1HC 1 year ago
- Microalgae oil can turn biofuel wp.me/pD58e-1Hz 1 year ago
- Simple Physics May Limit the Size of Leaves wp.me/pD58e-1Gy 1 year ago
Browse by Categories
Pages in the Weblog
See posts by dates
- The seven challenges of agribusiness - the journey of the next 10 years
- The New Face of Brazilian Pig Production – General Information
- Strategies for Swine Manure Management in Brazil
- Genetic Resources Management at the Brazilian Agricultural Research Organization
- Genesys - Gateway to Plant Genetic Resources
- 117,554 hits
Contact UsYour comments and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. E-mail us at email@example.com