The book “Biodiesel: Feedstocks and Processing Technologies” is intended to provide a professional look on the recent achievements and emerging trends in biodiesel production. It includes 22 chapters, organized in two sections. The first book section: “Feedstocks for Biodiesel Production” covers issues associated with the utilization of cost effective non-edible raw materials and wastes, and the development of biomass feedstock with physical and chemical properties that facilitate it processing to biodiesel. These include Brassicaceae spp., cooking oils, animal fat wastes, oleaginous fungi, and algae. The second book section: “Biodiesel Production Methods” is devoted to the advanced techniques for biodiesel synthesis: supercritical transesterification, microwaves, radio frequency and ultrasound techniques, reactive distillation, and optimized transesterification processes making use of solid catalysts and immobilized enzymes. The adequate and up-to-date information provided in this book should be of interest for research scientist, students, and technologists, involved in biodiesel production.To read the interested Chapter click on title. Chapter 1. Non Edible Oils: Raw Materials for Sustainable Biodiesel Chapter 2. Biodiesel Production from Waste Cooking Oil Chapter 3. Animal Fat Wastes for Biodiesel Production Chapter 4. Getting Lipids for Biodiesel Production from Oleaginous Fungi Chapter 5. Microbial Biodiesel Production – Oil Feedstocks Produced from Microbial Cell Cultivations Chapter 6. Algal Biomass and Biodiesel Production Chapter 7. Microalgae as Feedstocks for Biodiesel Production Chapter 8. Eco-Physiological Barriers and Technological Advances for Biodiesel Production from Microalgae Chapter 9. Advantages and Challenges of Microalgae as a Source of Oil for Biodiesel Chapter 10. An Integrated Waste-Free Biomass Utilization System for an Increased Productivity of Biofuel and Bioenergy Chapter 11. Production of Biodiesel via In-Situ Supercritical Methanol Transesterification Chapter 12. Transesterification in Supercritical Conditions Chapter 13. Alternative Methods for Fatty Acid Alkyl-Esters Production: Microwaves, Radio-Frequency and Ultrasound Chapter 14. Transesterification by Reactive Distillation for Synthesis and Characterization of Biodiesel Chapter 15. Gas-Liquid Process, Thermodynamic Characteristics (19 Blends), Efficiency & Environmental Impacts, SEM Particulate Matter Analysis and On-Road Bus Trial of a Proven NOx Less Biodiesel Chapter 16. Biodiesel Production with Solid Catalysts Chapter 17. Heterogeneous Catalysts Based on H3PW12O40 Heteropolyacid for Free Fatty Acids Esterification Chapter 18. An Alternative Eco-Friendly Avenue for Castor Oil Biodiesel: Use of Solid Supported Acidic Salt Catalyst Chapter 19. The Immobilized Lipases in Biodiesel Production Chapter 20. Progress in Vegetable Oils Enzymatic Transesterification to Biodiesel – Case Study Chapter 21. Adsorption in Biodiesel Refining – A Review Edited by Margarita Stoytcheva and Gisela Montero You also follow Labex Korea by Twitter and Facebook
Embrapa Labex KoreaThis is the weblog of Labex Korea, an international cooperation program of the Brazilian Agricultural Research Organization, Embrapa. More here.
Partner OrganizationLabex Korea is hosted by the Rural Development Administration.
- Blocking insect digestion to control pests wp.me/pD58e-1FV 1 year ago
- Fairtrade Foundation report damns treatment of smallholder farmers wp.me/pD58e-1Ga 1 year ago
- Transgenic eucalyptus yields 20% more than conventional wp.me/pD58e-1HK 1 year ago
- At least 70% of Earth’s species still unknown wp.me/pD58e-1I9 1 year ago
- Vitamin Enriched Cassava wp.me/pD58e-1Fm 1 year ago
- Do plants 'veto' bad genes? wp.me/pD58e-1FD 1 year ago
- Empowering smallholder farmers to create sustainable change - live discussion wp.me/pD58e-1Gj 1 year ago
- Brazilian soybean biodiesel emits 70% less greenhouse gases than fossil diesel wp.me/pD58e-1HC 1 year ago
- Microalgae oil can turn biofuel wp.me/pD58e-1Hz 1 year ago
- Simple Physics May Limit the Size of Leaves wp.me/pD58e-1Gy 1 year ago
Browse by Categories
Pages in the Weblog
See posts by dates
- The seven challenges of agribusiness - the journey of the next 10 years
- UNCTAD Report: Africa and the New Forms of Development Partnership
- The New Face of Brazilian Pig Production – General Information
- Summary of COP 10 - Meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the CBD - Nagoya, Japan
- The Economist - "Brazil's Agricultural Miracle"
- 114,464 hits
Contact UsYour comments and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. E-mail us at email@example.com